Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Error building Wireshark from source
From: Jeff Morriss <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 10:02:00 -0400
On 04/19/13 23:35, jai gupta wrote:
Hi,
When I try to build wireshark from source, I get the following message:

Version configuration file version.conf not found.  Using defaults.
svnversion.h unchanged.
That's normal.  It isn't causing the compile to stop is it?  It
shouldn't be...
Also If I ignore this and continue with the installation, When I try to
run the application,
either tshark or wireshark, I get errors about symbol lookup error

tshark: symbol lookup error: tshark: undefined symbol: rtsp_status_code_vals
What version are you compiling and on what OS?  Have you made any
modifications?  How are you running the resulting application (from the
build directory or after installing it)?
That symbol comes from packet-rtsp.c which should be linked into
libwireshark.