Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Introduction

From: Shwetambara Srivastava <shwetambarasri@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 14:16:52 +0530

Hi all,

My name is Shwetambara Srivastava and I am a 3rd year undergraduate at Institute of Engineering and Rural Technology, Allahabad. I am pursuing Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering. I wish to participate in Google Summer of Code, 2013. Browsing through the list of organizations, I came across Wireshark. I visited the Ideas page and a few projects like Process Information, New Export Objects and Wireshark for Android, etc. caught my interest.

I have been had substantial programming experience during my university courses and my other involvements in development projects as hobby. I am familiar with a number of programming languages like, Java, C, C++, Python and Assembly. I have had the following courses relevant to the above mentioned projects: Computer Networks, Compiler Design, Web Technology, Information Security, Operating Systems, Object Oriented Techniques, Software Engineering, Database Management Systems, Design and Analysis of Algorithms, etc. I am also familiar to web technologies like HTML, XML, CSS, _javascript_, WML, AJAX.

I hope that my background is good enough. I am highly keen to participate in GSoc'13 in your organization. I shall be grateful if anyone can point to me where should I start in order to make a good proposal for the above mentioned ideas.

Thanking You,

Yours truly,

Shwetambara Srivastava