Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 49004: / /trunk/tools/: backport-rev

From: Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 18:21:53 -0400
On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 3:21 PM,  <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=49004
>
> User: gerald
> Date: 2013/04/23 12:21 PM
>
> Log:
>  Add two tools useful for package maintainers:
>
>  backport-rev attempts to merge a revision from the trunk in the current
>  directory (presumably one of the release branches).
>
>  gen-bugnote fetches a bug title from bugs.wireshark.org and formats it
>  for inclusion in the release notes.
>
> Directory: /trunk/tools/
>   Changes    Path            Action
>   +100 -0    backport-rev    Added
>   +89 -0     gen-bugnote     Added

Those look very handy.

Tangentially, this has made me realize that `ls tools` is getting
quite long now, is it worth a bit of reorganization? Most of the
scripts fall into one of the following categories:

- testing and verification (check*, test*, valgrind-wireshark, cppcheck, etc.)
- generator tools (lemon, idl, make-*, ncp2222, etc)
- misc developer utils (backport-rev, gen-bugnote, svnadd, win-setup*, etc)

Thoughts?