Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 47214: /trunk/ /trunk/epan/: prefs.c

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 21:17:08 +0200
Hello Gerald,

sorry to be so late in this.

I *badly* miss the scroll bar on the left side. Is it possible to get it back?
At the beginning of the Qt4 port I spent about one day trying to figure out
how to get a scrollbar preference into the Qt port. The end result was, that
it isn't trivial (aka not anticipated by Qt4 unless you use right to left text
as well), so it has to be done manually like konsole does, but that is beyond
my capabilities of implementing.
There were rumors that Qt5 might actually add this, but I haven't checked yet
whether this is acutally the case.
Only after the scrollbar was gone did I realize what you describe as
"as recently discussed on -dev" was about the scrollbar reference. I think this
kind of stuff should be discussed on -users, not -dev.

Ciao
        Jörg