Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 47064: /trunk/epan/ /trunk/epan/: CM

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 21:06:05 +0200
Hi,

sorry to review this so late:

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 03:39:39PM +0000, cmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=47064
>
> User: cmaynard
> Date: 2013/01/14 07:39 AM
>
> Log:
>  packet-ncp2222.c -> dissectors/packet-ncp2222.c
>
> Directory: /trunk/epan/
>   Changes    Path              Action
>   +1 -1      CMakeLists.txt    Modified

Is there reason to make that change (and the subsequent change by gerald)?
packet-ncp2222.c is a generated file and generated files do not belong into
the source tree. If you feel it belongs into the source tree, it should be
checked into svn. As long as we do not do that, it should be built in the
build tree and not the source tree. *Nothing* should be *built* in the source
tree. We should be able to compile with a source tree that is read only.
If we can't do that with autofoo, that's one thing (actually even that works
once you only consider the ./configure && make stuff), but it's perfectly
possible with cmake.

Ciao
       Jörg