Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Error building Wireshark from source

From: jai gupta <sayhellotojai@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 09:05:09 +0530
Hi,
When I try to build wireshark from source, I get the following message:

Version configuration file version.conf not found.  Using defaults.
svnversion.h unchanged.

Also If I ignore this and continue with the installation, When I try to run the application,
either tshark or wireshark, I get errors about symbol lookup error

tshark: symbol lookup error: tshark: undefined symbol: rtsp_status_code_vals

Any idea what might be going wrong?

Jai Gupta

Fourth Year Undergraduate
Computer Science and Engineering Department
IIT Kharagpur