Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] 1.10 branch + release schedule

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 12:45:29 -0700
On 4/18/13 5:17 PM, Dirk Jagdmann wrote:
>> Note that we would still be committed to supporting OS X PPC and U3
>> users until Wireshark 1.10 reaches end of life in 2015.
>
> I suggest remove OsX PPC and U3 even for the 1.10 release.

After a bit of research it looks like we should probably drop OS X PPC
support now, before the 1.10 branch. Apple has an annoying lack of an
official life cycle policy for OS X but traditionally they only release
updates for the two most recent versions OS X. Leopard (10.5) is now
well outside this window. (Which reminds me - we need to set a schedule
for dropping Windows XP support.)