Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] GSoC2013: JSONshark idea

From: Hendrik Kunert <qkunerd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 16:55:57 +0200
Hi,

my name is Hendrik and I plan to apply to GSoC2013. I'm from Germany and at the moment I study for the masters degree in computer science. I found the JSONshark project idea and I'm very interested to get some further informations about it, because it combines two of my favorites, C programming and web interface and JSON usage. So here are my questions and first ideas. How should the communication between the Browser-Client and wireshark work? HTML? Should the JSON message based interface be something like a REST webservice, because that was the first that came in to my mind as I read the summary? This approach could later also be used as remote interface to wireshark, or is this the initial intention? For the Browser App I would suggest to use CoffeeScript together with Backbone.js and JQuery. Backbone is really great if used together with a REST interface. There is also a very good JavaScript testing framework called Jasmine, that works great together with the technologies above.

Thanks
Hendrik