Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] 1.10 branch + release schedule

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 17:05:03 -0700
Hi,

I'd like to create the 1.10 branch next Monday (April 22) followed by
1.10rc1 a day or two later. I'm planning on the following:

In trunk-1.10:

Demote Qt in configure.ac and wireshark.nsi. Anyone wishing to work with
Qt should do so from the trunk.

In trunk:

Promote Qt. Enable it by default in configure.ac and wireshark.nsi.

Drop the OS X PPC package. Few people download it and I usually spend a
lot of time during the release process waiting for the PPC builder.

Possibly drop the U3 package. I'm on the fence about this since a fair
number of people still download U3 packages each month. However, the
technology reached end of life in 2009 and we should probably start
pointing them to the PortableApps package.

Note that we would still be committed to supporting OS X PPC and U3
users until Wireshark 1.10 reaches end of life in 2015.