Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Need help for getting started

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 11:43:27 -0400
On 04/18/13 06:24, Subh. Singh wrote:
Hi all,

I am new to open source projects. I would like to contribute to
wireshark. I have setup my development environment for wireshark on my
machine.

Please suggest me some initial bugs so that I get introduced with the
codebase. Please suggest areas where I can contribute. I will be happy
to be part of wireshark-dev team.

Probably the best place to look for work would be to go through the open bug reports (there are plenty!), find something which interests you and/or is in your area of knowledge, and start working. The WishList[1] and the GSoC[2] lists are other places but those are more project-sized efforts.

[1] http://wiki.wireshark.org/WishList
[2] http://wiki.wireshark.org/GSoC2013