Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Pull PCAPNG Metadata with Python

From: Jon Schipp <jonschipp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 16:11:52 -0400
I'm looking for a way to print the application and version, OS, and interface in Python.
It looks like the Section Header Block and the Interface Description Block contain the data I need.

My problem is the blocks/fields are not at a fixed size because of the Options field in each block:
PCAPNG format, See section 3.1 and 3.2

Questions:

1.) Are there any Python libraries that print that information?
2.) If not, are there any ways through Python that information could be easily parsed obtained?

Thanks
Jon