Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] [GSoC] Packet Editor and Viewer

From: Edwin Abraham <edwin.abraham12@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 22:34:33 -0800
I had gone through the GSoC project list and I wanted to start working on Packet Editor/Viewer. I also was thinking of working on the functionality of adding custom dissectors from the packet editor. The embedded LUA, initially, can be used so that the only a reboot of wireshark is needed for the dissector to come into effect.Even listeners can be employed from within the UI.

The Packet Editor/Viewer can exist on its own so that when selecting an individual packet from the capture file you can view the packet in a much more comfortable manner.

I would like to start going through the code. I have been using wireshark GIT for access to the source not the SVN. Should I go with the SVN/GIT repos or download a stable source bundle like 1.8.6 to start working on the idea?
--
Edwin Abraham,
BITS Pilani Goa Campus