Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Access to source

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 15:19:31 -0700
On 4/10/13 11:29 PM, Pascal Quantin wrote:

> 2013/4/11 Edwin Abraham <edwin.abraham12@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:edwin.abraham12@xxxxxxxxx>>
>

>     I wanted to know where you guys maintain your source actively SVN or
>     GIT?
>

> Hi Edwin,
>
> as stated in http://www.wireshark.org/develop.html, the main repository
> is using subversion and you can also find a git mirror if you prefer.

The git repository is a bit of a second-class citizen because our
SVN→git mirroring is unidirectional. Commits must be done using
Subversion. I'm considering switching from our current software
(svn-all-fast-export) to SubGit (http://subgit.com/) which would give us
bidirectional mirroring and allow commits using either Subversion or git.