Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Icon Poll - is this OK?

From: Eric Wedel <Eric.Wedel@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 23:43:31 +0000

Thanks for the graphics.

Funny, on the text-only poll I voted for record/stop, as this is intuitively correct.

[One can get in trouble for playing packets back into a live network. :-) ]

But it seems that the record button (small red dot on a large button) doesn't

transfer well to the screen, looking instead like an indicator light.

Also, the fourth example has no shape distinction at all, so people with red/green

color blindness would need to rely on tooltips / button placement.