Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] make dist with Custom plugins

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 11:09:15 -0400
On 03/28/13 18:47, Jaap Keuter wrote:
Hi list,

When using 'make dist', like when building an RPM(*), my custom plugins don't
get included in the tarball. The custom source directories are there, but
Custom.[n]make isn't. Custom.m4 is pulled in via configure dependencies
(am__configure_deps, via DIST_COMMON), but what is the right way to pull the two
other in (if they exists that is)?

Why not do the Right Thing(tm) and make the plugins built-in? :-) (I say that because I know epan/dissectors/Custom.common works well.)

Assuming that's not a pleasant choice, maybe making the plugins Custom stuff to be more like the built-in stuff would work:

1) Rename plugins/Custom.*.example to plugins/Custom.*
2) Modify those files so they don't have real content (comment things out until it builds :-)) 3) Rename plugins/Custom.* in plugins/Makefile.am's EXTRA_DIST so these files get distributed all the time 4) (From now until eternity) be careful not to commit your changes to plugins/Custom.*

(*): Jeff, I'm backporting the RPM fixes to my 1.6 custom tree. It takes a
little tweaking but it's going well. Thanks for the effort.

You're welcome. :-)