Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] proposed graph_analysis.c change

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 17:04:39 -0700
On Mar 23, 2013, at 1:00 PM, Ed Beroset <beroset@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One thing still puzzling me is the comment in the (now elided) code for pane_callback which says "repaint the comment area because when moving the pane position there are times that the expose_event_comments is not called." I can't see why the pane_callback routine needs to exist at all and things seem to work just fine with it deleted as per my patch.

If "expose event" refers to window system expose events, as in "I, the window system, did not save a copy of the pixels behind this portion of your window when some other window was dragged on top of it or came to the front and covered it, and that portion of your window is now exposed, so you're going to have to draw it all over again", then whether thing work without expose event callbacks may depend on whether the window system saves those copies and redraws the exposed part of the window for you or doesn't save them and requires the application to do so.