Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Source Build using Mac OSX?

From: Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 00:02:53 +0100
Hi

Thanks for the script. Was what I was looking for. But, the thing is
messed up. Fixated on static versions and download urls, for one
thing. If something goes wrong during download, the whole process is
started again. And doing the whole thing without macport is strictly
speaking a painful process.

It works with autotools, but doesn't with cmake. But is this not the
whole point for cmake in the first place?

Some of the things I noticed so far:

* Disabling werror is a necessity, but not specific to Mac
* -fexcess-precision=fast needs to be disabled for llvm-clang with
XCode 4.3 in CMakeLists.txt
* Wireshark segfaults in glib if run with macports version still
installed on the system

I'll send a patch regarding cmake support, as well as an updated
version of that script, when I get around it.

regards,
Roland