Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] buildbot failure in Wireshark (developme

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 13:37:48 -0400
On 3/17/2013 12:09 PM, Evan Huus wrote:
I'm still not having any luck (and I've reread
https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSetupWin32.html to
no avail). I have two shells available: cygwin's bash and windows'
cmd.exe.

If I run cmd.exe and then run the vcvars32 script, I can build
Wireshark correctly using nmake. This seems to be working fine.

I I run cygwin then I do not have nmake available. Running the
vcvars32 script from cygwin does not seem to change this (should it)?

I cannot run test.sh from cmd.exe since cmd.exe will not interpret
unix shell scripts. I cannot run test.sh from cygwin since it requires
nmake, which I cannot get cygwin to recognize.

Are you starting bash from the Windows cmd env from which you executed the vcvars script ?

The following works for me

cmd> "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\VC\bin\vcvars32"

cmd> bash

bash$ nmake /f

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 10.00.30319.01

NMAKE : fatal error U1061: /F option requires a filename

bash$ cd test

bash$ rm -f ../epan/*.exe

bash$ l ../epan/*.exe
ls: cannot access ../epan/*.exe: No such file or directory

bash$ ./test.sh -c

### Test suite: All ###

Subitems:
---------
1  Suite: Prerequisites (2 subitems)
2  Suite: Command line options (10 subitems)
3  Suite: File I/O (1 subitems)
4  Suite: Capture (3 subitems)
5  Suite: Unit tests (3 subitems)
6  Suite: File formats (1 subitems)