Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] buildbot failure in Wireshark (developme

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 11:00:24 -0400
On 3/17/2013 10:30 AM, Evan Huus wrote:
These are still happening occasionally. I dug out my XP-32 virtualbox
instance but have not been able to reproduce.

Tangentially, running the test suite from cygwin I get the following
failure (after the test the build-bot keeps failing on):

5  Suite: Unit tests
5.1 Step: exntest
suite-unittests.sh: line 32: nmake: command not found

"exntest" Failed!
make ../epan/exntest failed

Which seems to imply I ought to be running the tests from the visual
studio command prompt (in order to have nmake), but of course it
doesn't interpret shell scripts. What am I missing?

Basically:

You have to setup the Windows cmd environment so that MSVC can be invoked from the command line. (nmake, etc)

(When you then run cygwin bash to run the test scripts nmake & etc will be available).

For instance: in my Windows cmd line setup cmd file I have:

call "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\VC\bin\vcvars32"

It's been a long time since I did this so I don't remember al the details. I'm sure the Wireshark Developers Guide has info.

(Can you do the setup directly from the bash cmd line ? I don't remember).

Bill