Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Fun with window resizing in GTK3

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 13:10:48 -0400
On 3/13/2013 5:49 PM, Guy Harris wrote:

On Mar 13, 2013, at 1:04 PM, wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

(This stuff in GTK3 about "parents inheriting expand/fill properties from children"
is driving me crazy).

Presumably the GTK+ developers thought that this was a Good Idea.
Have we just not been Doing It Right, and if we'd been Doing It Right
windows would just Do The Right Thing when their size is changed, or
did the GTK+ developers just Get It Badly Wrong here?

I don't think the GTK+ developers got it badly wrong.

It's proably more a matter of me (who only does GTK programming every so often) understanding the interactions.