Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Dissector question

Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 13:49:54 -0400 (EDT)
I think you need a combination of a conversation and frame data.

Only on the first pass (!pinfo->fd->flags->visited), create and track the conversation. Also write the current sequence number to the frame data (p_add_proto_data).
On subsequence passes (pinfo->fd->flags->visited), just use the frame data you set earlier (p_get_proto_data).
tree will NULL on first pass (in Wireshark), but this logic should be "tree independent" and should just use the visited flag.