Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Editcap link warnings

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 21:55:55 -0500
Recent Windows 7 and Windows XP Buildbot builds have been giving "locally defined symbol ... imported in ..." warnings while linking editcap:

(I get the same warnings on my system).

From the  Window 7 Buildbot log:

Linking editcap.exe
	link @C:\Users\buildbot\AppData\Local\Temp\nm7775.tmp
   Creating library editcap.lib and object editcap.exp
LINK : warning LNK4010: invalid subsystem version number 5.00; default subsystem version assumed

editcap.obj : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol nstime_delta imported in function main editcap.obj : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol nstime_is_unset imported in function main editcap.obj : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol nstime_set_unset imported in function main editcap.obj : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol init_progfile_dir imported in function main editcap.obj : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol md5_finish imported in function is_duplicate editcap.obj : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol md5_append imported in function is_duplicate editcap.obj : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol md5_init imported in function is_duplicate editcap.obj : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol nstime_cmp imported in function is_duplicate_rel_time

(Aside: I thought I recently fixed the "invalid subsystm" error on my Windows 7 VS build setup; I'll have to remember what that was about).

Bill