Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] dlg_utils.c comment completely obsolete ??

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 16:26:41 -0500
In dlg_utils.c:

GtkWidget *
dlg_window_new(const gchar *title)
{

/*
 * XXX - if we're running in the capture child process, we can't easily
 * make this window transient for the main process's window.  We just
 * punt here.
 *
 * Perhaps the child process should only capture packets, write them to
 * a file, and somehow notify the parent process and let *it* do all
 * the GUI work.  If we can do that efficiently (so that we don't drop
 * more packets), perhaps we can also do so even when we're *not* doing
 * an "Update list of packets in real time" capture.  That'd let the
 * child process run set-UID on platforms where you need that in order
 * to capture, and might also simplify the job of having the GUI main
 * loop wait both for user input and packet arrival.
 */
}

I'm almost certain the above comment in dlg_utils.c is left over from the "old days" ....

However, I'd like to get a confirmation before I remove the comment.

Guy ?