Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] new dissector - dynamic value string table?

From: Max Baker <max@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 08:34:36 -0800
On 02/26/2013 08:32 PM, Hadriel Kaplan wrote:
> Can't you use a macro to populate/copy the "common" chunks into
> separate lists? -hadriel

Hi Hadriel,

Good suggestion.   I was trying to steer away from this because the
cross product is too big.  There are about 10 lists and about 10 variants.

On the first question of detecting the camera type, it looks like the
information I need is captured by packet-usb.c (emem_tree_t
*device_to_product_table) -- however it's not exported.   I will need to
add a way of getting access to this tree from the new dissector.

Thanks,
-m