Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Simpifying exporting DLL symbols

From: Bálint Réczey <balint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 23:56:24 +0100
2013/2/26 Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On 2/26/2013 5:11 PM, Bálint Réczey wrote:
>>
>> 2013/2/26 Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>>

>> Thank you! If no one opposes I'll commit the patch on Thursday and
>> then start converting the remaining libs.
>>

> It sounds like the change is significant.
>
> if so, I suggest we consider if we should wait until after 1.10 is released
> to make the change.
It is significant in a way, but I think it would be better to have it in 1.10.
It is the last change needed for CMake build system to make it good enough to
generate official Debian packages.
I got several requests to ship the Qt GUI in Debian and with CMake I
can generate both
GTK and Qt GUIs nicely not to mention that CMake builds are faster.

1.10.0 would be a perfect candidate to release a fully operational
CMake build system
for Linux and after 1.10 we could make CMake work on every platform.

There is very little downside and if things go bad, we can still
revert the changes
easily way before the release.

Cheers,
Balint