Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Google Summer of Code 2013

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 17:23:03 +0100
Hi dev,

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 1:51 AM, Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2/15/13 11:37 AM, Hadriel Kaplan wrote:
> On Feb 15, 2013, at 12:00 PM, Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> A combination of Sparkle, WinSparkle, or Fervor might do what we need:
>>
>> http://sparkle.andymatuschak.org/
>> http://winsparkle.org/
>> https://github.com/pypt/fervor
>>

> Excellent!  I figured the underlying component must have already been available somewhere as a library, but my google search strings were too weak apparently. :)
>
> Right, so maybe Project-A and Project-B could be done together as one GSoC project.

As it turns out, getting WinSparkle up and running was pretty easy. I'm
going to try to have automatic updates for Win32 and possibly Win64 in
place for the 1.9.0 release.

Nice !
It is was my internal TODO list to add a "Check Update" feature to Qtshark

About GSOC 2013, May be add a Wiki page ( http://wiki.wireshark.org/GSOC_2013 ?)  with all idea ?

Regards,