Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Run dumpcap from wireshark GUI not reading in packet until c

From: Anders Broman <a.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 00:17:39 +0100
Guy Harris skrev 2013-02-16 22:27:
On Feb 16, 2013, at 1:20 PM, Anders Broman <a.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We have numerous bugs and questions about wireshark crashing which looks like they are out-of-memory crashes.
Would it be feasible to add functionality to run dumpcap from the GUI waiting to read the file in until the capture
stops, possibly updating the status bar while the capture is running?
This would correspond to starting a live capture without updating the packet list in real time I suppose.
How would that differ from what happens now if you start a live capture with "Update packet list in real time" not checked?
Well, perhaps it doesn't I just presumed it might. But at least we do build state end do reassembly
when using multiple files and ring buffer(?) - perhaps we shouldn't.