Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Thoughts on the default layout

From: Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 13:43:29 -0500
I've been playing with various layouts for the main dissection
interface and I've found one that works better (for me) than the
default. It leaves the packet list on top, but puts the details and
bytes panes side by side on the bottom (details on the left, bytes on
the right). This is what you get by selecting the second layout choice
in the layout preferences.

To me this has two main advantages over the existing default:

- It makes better use of horizontal and vertical space, especially
since short-and-wide monitors are becoming more and more common.

- It makes a better conceptual distinction between the multi-packet
summary and the single-packet details, which are now neatly grouped to
the top and bottom.

Thoughts?