Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Google Summer of Code 2013

From: Hadriel Kaplan <HKaplan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 16:39:47 +0000
On Feb 15, 2013, at 4:37 AM, Bálint Réczey <balint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> And also pointless, since every modern distribution have apt-get or
> yum or something similar.

Mac OSX has macports (which BTW is broken for Wireshark for me right now, due to bug 8298).

But you have to remember to go look up whether there's a new version/patch.

Even for Linux, you could just have wireshark check for a new version and tell the user. (if they enable such auto-checking)

> I would be really surprised if Google sponsored helping MSFT or AAPL
> to improve the maintainability of their system. :-)

It's not - it's helping wireshark users.

-hadriel