Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] extracting packet bytes to file

From: Andy Howell <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 15:20:39 -0600
I have an undocumented protocol I'm trying to understand. I'd like to extract a range of
bytes from from a number of packets to a file so that I can further analyze the data
outside wireshark.

Is there a way I tell wireshark to write out bytes that match a display filter?

Or how about calling some python code to do what I want?

Are there other tool help reverse engineer unknown protocols?

Thanks,

	Andy