Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 47460: / /trunk/: Makefile.am debian

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 17:43:40 +0100
On 2013-02-04 15:34, Jeff Morriss wrote:
Guy Harris wrote:
On Feb 3, 2013, at 4:29 PM, guy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Try creating a script for Debian and derivatives that will grab the
packages necessary for Wireshark development, using apt-get.
Maybe it should parse the "Build-Depends:" line in debian/control and get the list of packages to install from there, so that only one file in the source tree has a list of Debian dependencies. (And perhaps use the Requires: lines from packaging/rpm/SPECS/wireshark.spec.in in scripts for RPM-based Linuxes? It'd probably have to stick -dev after the package names.)

Not a bad idea; having to manually yum install the appropriate
dependencies has annoyed me.

Manually adding -devel shouldn't really be necessary if/once we have
the appropriate Requires: and BuildRequires: entries (the latter would
contain all the appropriate -devel packages).

(The .spec file I use has both Requires and BuildRequires; if I can
ever find the time to finish cleaning it up, I'll check it in.)

Yes, please. Still treading water until this comes along.  ;)

Thanks,
Jaap