Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How to read a .cap file

From: Gilbert Ramirez <gram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 08:35:18 -0800
You could use libpcap to read the file.

I suppose you could even use the wiretap libary (part of the wireshark distribution) to read it.

Or, you can use tshark -Tpdml to dissect the cap file and output XML, which you can then parse.

See doc/README.xml-output in the wireshark distro. Also, tools/WiresharkXML.py is a python library to read that pdml (xml) output.

Gilbert