Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] qustion about two bugs in version 1.6.x (affected but fixes

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 12:38:00 -0500
Chunyan Liu wrote:
Hi List,

In testing wirshark version 1.6.12 and 1.6.13, we found that following
bugs exist not only in 1.8.x but also in version 1.6.x. The fixes are
only in 1.8.4, not appeared in 1.6.12 nor 1.6.13, which causes latest
1.6 version still has problem. Could you have a check?
(get from wireshark 1.8.4 release notes)
wnpa-sec-2012-32
The sFlow dissector could go into an infinite loop. (Bug 7789)
Versions affected: 1.8.0 to 1.8.3.
wnpa-sec-2012-33
The SCTP dissector could go into an infinite loop. (Bug 7802)
Versions affected: 1.8.0 to 1.8.3.

It looks like you're right; I scheduled both fixes to be back-ported to 1.6.14.