Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 47326: / /trunk/tools/: checkhf-v2.p

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 16:43:03 -0500
#2 is fine.  The new script seems to run slower though ... but I assume that's because it's doing a much more thorough job?

$ time tools/checkhf.pl epan/dissectors/packet-*.c &> out1.txt

real    0m13.206s
user    0m12.807s
sys     0m0.311s

$ cat out1.txt | wc -l
31821

$ time tools/checkhf-v2.pl epan/dissectors/packet-*.c &> out2.txt

real    1m10.260s
user    1m9.295s
sys     0m0.560s

$ cat out2.txt | wc -l
3014

There's a lot of somewhat complex regex pattern matching going on (which I didn't spend any time optimizing).

I think it's doing a much better job altho 'thorough' might not be quite the word to use given the ad-hoc nature of what's going on.

In any case, the time seems acceptable.

Bill