Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] the compile problem

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 10:52:47 -0800
On Jan 13, 2013, at 2:47 AM, Anders Broman <a.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is there a more descriptive error code earlier in the printout?

There probably is.  MSVC tends, when told to compile several files, to keep compiling even if it's found an error in one of the files, and only prints the error message Danniel reports when it's finished with all of the files.

This means that if you're compiling on Windows, you have to look through the *entire* error log - the messages that report the actual problem do *NOT* necessarily appear at the end of the log.

Without seeing the actual problem reports, we cannot, obviously, determine what the problem is.