Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] SCTP De-chunking support

From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 20:24:33 +0100
On Jan 10, 2013, at 5:31 PM, vineeth vijay wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Dissection is fine. What I was wondering is whether it is possible to show these individual data chunks as separate frames themselves.
But they are in the same frame. I really prefer not to show them in a way they
have not been on the wire.
> Hence, when i apply display filter ,  only the chunks with  exact matches should be visible. Is this supported currently?
No. Filtering is based on packets. Not sure how to improve that. We can't show 'half' of a packet.
However, there might be ways to draw your attention to the upper layer packet which matches the
filter.

Best regards
Michael