Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Packet Loss due to Disk Contention with Running Dumpcap in a

From: John Powell <jrp999@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 07:32:29 -0600
Hi Kurt,

I have purchased a 300 GB SSD and a PCI-e Disk Controller.

I am still in the planning stage as to how to set this up.

My initial ideas are to:

Thoughts?

-John

On 2012-12-14 14:13, John Powell wrote:
Thanks for the heads up - I have obtained a 300 G SSD that I will
experiment with.

I will let you know if I find the same result.

I'm just curious. What are your results with the SSD?

BTW: did you try to 'ionice' dumpcap?

Cheers
Kurt