Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] error: logical && with non-zero constant will always evaluat

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 16:40:03 -0500
Jeff Morriss wrote:
My (Fedora 10) gcc 4.3.2 was also generating this warning; it would seem that a fair spread of gcc versions seem to have the problem.

I added a configure check to stop using -Wlogical-op if the compiler is generating this warning in r46916.

Interestingly the Ubuntu buildbot says it would also get the warning:

checking whether we can add -Wlogical-op to CFLAGS... yes
checking whether -Wlogical-op generates warnings from strchr()... yes

but it was not getting the error before.

I wonder if the use of ccache on the bot was having some effect? Or something else?