Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Canaries in Wmem

From: Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 10:51:53 -0500
They've been on my to-do list for a while, as emem provides them.

However, I've never personally used emem's canaries, and I've never
actually heard of or seen anyone else using them. Are they actually
useful anymore, or has Moore's law made valgrind the better tool in
all situations?

If we do believe they're still useful, now's the time to suggest cool
new features for them etc. Would they be used more if could be enabled
with an environment variable instead of a compile flag? Are the
mprotected pages actually useful, or are 99% of things caught by the
simpler canaries?

Any other thoughts or suggestions are of course welcome.

Cheers,
Evan