Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] DUMPCAP -g (Set ring buffer file group permissions)

From: John Powell <jrp999@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 12:48:50 -0600
Hi,

I need to set the group permissions for files created by DumpCap.

In this post I see the option " -g " is supposed to exist (http://www.engardelinux.org/modules/index/list_archives.cgi?list=wireshark-users&page=0016.html&month=2010-09)

> > The file permissions are hardcoded in the source code. I have added
> > the option '-g' to dumpcap to enable group read access as this can
> > indeed be handy when (automatically) capturing to a ringbuffer.
> >
> > To be able to use this feature, you will have to use an automated
> > build[1] with a number higher than 33978 (available in a couple of
> > hours) or wait for the next 1.5.x development release.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >

> > Sake

Can someone please point me to how I can get a version that to have access to this option?

Thanx,

John