Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] voip calls analyzer issues with gtk-2.16

From: Ignacio Goyret <i.goyret@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 19:21:39 -0800
While debugging some SIP issues with the "VoIP Calls" analyzer,
I wanted to try a newer version of wireshark so I grabbed 1.8.3
from the depot and recompiled it on my Fedora 11 box.

When using 1.8.3, if I click on "telephony", "voip calls",
then select one call and click "Flow", a window with just three
gray rectangles is shown.

If I then move the horizontal scroll bar in either the middle or
right rectangles, the associated content is shown for that rectangle
while the other two remain gray. If the mouse moves away from the
the window, all three rectangles return to all gray.

It is pretty clear that there is something missing when using
gtk-2.16 but unfortunately, my knowledge of GTK/pango/cairo is
non-existent.

Does someone have any idea what might be issue here?
I have no problem verifying any possible fix.

And if I can fix it, I'll be happy to submit an appropriate diff,
but I need a little guidance.

Here is the version info:

wireshark-1.8.3 $ ./wireshark --version
wireshark 1.8.3 (SVN Rev Unknown from unknown)

Copyright 1998-2012 Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> and contributors.

Compiled (32-bit) with GTK+ 2.16.6, with Cairo 1.8.8, with Pango 1.24.5, with
GLib 2.20.5, with libpcap, with libz 1.2.3, with POSIX capabilities (Linux),
with SMI 0.4.8, without c-ares, without ADNS, with Lua 5.1, without Python, with
GnuTLS 2.6.6, with Gcrypt 1.4.4, without Kerberos, without GeoIP, with PortAudio
V19-devel (built Feb 26 2009), without AirPcap.

Running on Linux 2.6.30.10-105.2.23.fc11.i686.PAE, with locale en_US.UTF-8, with
libpcap version 0.9.8, with libz 1.2.3, GnuTLS 2.6.6, Gcrypt 1.4.4.

Built using gcc 4.4.1 20090725 (Red Hat 4.4.1-2).
wireshark-1.8.3 $

Although it isn't mentioned above, the SVN_REVISION in config.name says "45526".

Before someone says "upgrade", that is a non-starter for me at this time.

Any ideas?
-Ignacio

PS: Please, keep me in the CC-list as I'm not subscribed to the list.