Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 46239: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trun

From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 10:09:00 +0100
On Nov 28, 2012, at 12:13 AM, morriss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=46239
>
> User: morriss
> Date: 2012/11/27 03:13 PM
>
> Log:
> Warn about non-final parameters that aren't padded correctly.  I'm not sure
> that final parameters *with* padding is all that important (maybe it should
> be there but not PI_ERROR?).
Do you have an example where the non-final parameter is not padded correctly?
I though this can't happen, so I took the expert warning out. But possibly
I missed a case.

RFC 4960 says regarding the chunk length:
The Chunk Length value does not include terminating padding of the
chunk.  However, it does include padding of any variable-length
parameter except the last parameter in the chunk.  The receiver
MUST ignore the padding.

Note: A robust implementation should accept the chunk whether or
not the final padding has been included in the Chunk Length.

So I changed the code to make the "except the last parameter in the chunk"
visible. At least this made me aware of a bug in the FreeBSD implementation.
So we should have such an expert info.

Best regards
Michael