Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problems in capture_win_ifnames.c

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 22:59:38 +0100
"Gisle Vanem" <gvanem@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The code in capture_win_ifnames.c assume there's always
a GUID in the ifname. Not so here. From my 'tcpdump -D':

I saw the changes of capture_win_ifnames.c in SVN regarding the
missing GUID. But the g_log() error-text is still messing things up:

tshark.exe -D
1. \\.\airpcap00 (AirPcap USB wireless capture adapter nr. 00)
2. \Device\NPF_GenericDialupAdapter (Adapter for generic dialup and VPN capture)

tshark.exe -i 2
Capturing on 'Adapter for generic dialup and VPN capture'
tshark: Unknown message from dumpcap, try to show it as a string: Failed the extract guid from interface devicename, unicode convert result=14, guid input ='\\.\airpcap00', LastErrorCode=0x00000000. Failed the extract guid from interface devicename, unicode convert result=21, guid input ='GenericDialupAdapter', LastErrorCode=0x00000000.

Can this text go somewhere else?

--gv