Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] micro-patch for decryption of telnet-tls and syslog-tls

From: "Wall, Stephen" <swall@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 16:08:11 -0500
> From: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jaap Keuter
> Normally we would ask you to go through bugs.wireshark.org for patches,
> just so the are tracked, not forgotten and can be discussed when needed.
> Since these are straight forward ones I've picked them up anyway.
> Committed revision 46057.

Great, I'd thought they were too trivial to bother with a bugreport, but if you'd prefer them that way, I guess I'll have to register on the tracker next time...

> As for the OIDs, you might have to look in asn1/X509af, as least that's my best guess.
Thanks.

> PS: that's an interesting OID I must say; http://www.oid-info.com/get/0.9
Yes, but not the only glitch in the OID tree (http://oid-info.com/get/2.16.840.101).  It's what's provided by openssl when you put "UID='stuff'" in a distinguished name block, and serves well for associating generated certs with users of our internal testing PKI web page.  Unfortunately, it also results in wireshark highlighting certs in SSL sessions with bright yellow, hence my desire to patch wireshark 8-).

Thanks again...
-spw