Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Building Wireshark on Windows

From: David Ameiss <netshark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 07:46:04 -0600
"file wireshark-gtk2/wireshark.exe" returns "PE32+ executable (GUI) x86-64, for MS Windows"

I believe the stackoverflow article is essentially the instructions found in http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSetupWin32.html, which I followed. It's certainly possible I missed a step somewhere, but (1) the generated installer installs fine on Windows 7, and installs into the "Program Files" directory (rather than "Program Files (x86)", implying that it's a 64-bit app), and (2) it runs on Windows 7 with no problems.

Dependency Walker is my next step.