Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] regarding recv() in mmap calls

From: abhinav narain <abhinavnarain10@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 13:26:14 -0500
hi,
  I wanted to know why is MSG_PEEK used in the recv() call in mmap code and not recvfrom() with MSG_TRUNC flag.
The reason i am asking is .. because I see my code takes a lot of CPU which is due to more looping, I suppose.
The flag description for MSG_PEEK shows it doesn't discard the bytes even after reading from the queue.
Can someone please explain.
I would like to use recvfrom with MSG_TRUNC .. is that fine ?
-Abhinav