Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Qt compilation.

From: Akos Vandra <axos88@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 13:22:57 +0100
Hi guys!

I am new to cmake, and I am unable to compile Wireshark for Qt.

Can someone please write a step-by-step guide on what commands I have to issue in order to build it?

This is what I wanted to try:

edit CMakeOptions is trunk/ and set GTK to OFF, QT to ON.
"cmake ."
"make -j 10"

My output for cmake:

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
PCAP_LIBRARY
    linked by target "dftest" in directory /home/akos/projects/c/wireshark/wireshark_original/trunk
    linked by target "qtshark" in directory /home/akos/projects/c/wireshark/wireshark_original/trunk
    linked by target "randpkt" in directory /home/akos/projects/c/wireshark/wireshark_original/trunk
    linked by target "tshark" in directory /home/akos/projects/c/wireshark/wireshark_original/trunk
    linked by target "epan" in directory /home/akos/projects/c/wireshark/wireshark_original/trunk/epan

Problem is that I use a custom libpcap, but don't know how I should tell cmake that.
With ./configure I just added a parameter (--with-pcap="path to custom pcap library", or something similar), and it was fine, but with cmake, I have no idea how to do it. Tried adding some lines to cmakeoptions, but neither of them worked.

Regards,
  Ákos Vandra