Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] ATM over Ethernet

From: Jakub Zawadzki <darkjames-ws@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 21:26:23 +0100
Hi,

On Mon, Nov 05, 2012 at 12:14:31PM +0000, Alex Bennee wrote:
> We use a fairly simple ATM over Ethernet encapsulation for linking old
> ATM based circuits with modern Ethernet based hardware.

Googling for 0x8884 I has found that it's already defined as
ETH_P_ATMFATE (full name: Frame-based ATM Transport over Ethernet)

and there's some specification at
http://www.broadband-forum.org/ftp/pub/approved-specs/af-fbatm-0139.001.pdf

Is this the same protocol?
If yes maybe dissector should be called FATE rather than ATMoE?