Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] mmap consumes more CPU

From: abhinav narain <abhinavnarain10@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 14:03:57 -0500
hi,
  I just checked the two mechanism :
(1) Using mmap to fetch packets from kernel to userspace
(2) Using recvfrom() call to fetch packets

I see top reports
(1) 34% memory 20% cpu usage
(2) 21% memory 7% cpu usage !

I wanted a performance improvement using mmap but I am slowing my small router for packet capture( I can't use pcap for that; I have modified skbuff ) and its worst than twice !
Memory increase is fine.
Can anyone suggest what going on ? Or how to improve

-Abhinav Narain