Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] ATM over Ethernet

From: Alex Bennee <kernel-hacker@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 12:14:31 +0000
Hi,

We use a fairly simple ATM over Ethernet encapsulation for linking old
ATM based circuits with modern Ethernet based hardware. I was able to
enable the packet-atm.c to decde these frames very easily (see
attached) but I was looking for pointers for the next bit.

Currently I can't see a way to specify treating the rest of the frame
as multiple frames. Do I need to extend the ATM dissector to call
itself if the remaining frame is larger than 53 bytes?

Also how is the AAL encoding determined? Should I just register the
handlers for the multiple AAL types and let the user decide?

--
Alex, homepage: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/
http://www.half-llama.co.uk